AISHWARYACompany ID [BOM:532975]Last trade:₹4.81Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.09 (-1.84%)
AIRTELCompany ID [BOM:532454]Last trade:₹315.50Trade time:3:48PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼6.95 (-2.16%)
DHANUSCompany ID [BOM:532903]Last trade:₹0.09Trade time:3:29PM GMT+5:30Value change:▲0.01 (12.50%)
FINCABLESCompany ID [BOM:500144]Last trade:₹443.00Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▲4.30 (0.98%)
GTLCompany ID [BOM:500160]Last trade:₹17.31Trade time:3:58PM GMT+5:30Value change:▲0.71 (4.28%)
GTLINFRACompany ID [BOM:532775]Last trade:₹4.73Trade time:3:59PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.19 (-3.86%)
HCLTECHCompany ID [BOM:532281]Last trade:₹792.45Trade time:3:47PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼3.10 (-0.39%)
HCL INFOCompany ID [BOM:500179]Last trade:₹41.60Trade time:3:55PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼4.75 (-10.25%)
HFCLCompany ID [BOM:500183]Last trade:₹14.95Trade time:3:57PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.95 (-5.97%)
IDEACompany ID [BOM:532822]Last trade:₹79.60Trade time:3:51PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼2.90 (-3.52%)
ITICompany ID [BOM:523610]Last trade:₹26.60Trade time:3:56PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼2.30 (-7.96%)
KAVERITELCompany ID [BOM:590041]Last trade:₹13.25Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.75 (-5.36%)
MTNLCompany ID [NSE:MTNL]Last trade:₹19.50Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼1.15 (-5.57%)
ONMOBILECompany ID [BOM:532944]Last trade:₹100.50Trade time:3:41PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼6.80 (-6.34%)
RCOMCompany ID [BOM:532712]Last trade:₹42.55Trade time:3:59PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼5.25 (-10.98%)
SHYAM TELCompany ID [BOM:517411]Last trade:₹28.40Trade time:3:54PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼2.30 (-7.49%)
SPANCOCompany ID [BOM:508976]Last trade:₹3.12Trade time:2:28PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
SPICE MOBILECompany ID [BOM:517214]Last trade:₹14.80Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼1.15 (-7.21%)
TANLACompany ID [BOM:532790]Last trade:₹33.95Trade time:3:58PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼2.35 (-6.47%)
TATA COMMCompany ID [BOM:500483]Last trade:₹514.30Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼28.75 (-5.29%)
TTMLCompany ID [BOM:532371]Last trade:₹5.70Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.11 (-1.89%)
TULIPCompany ID [BOM:532691]Last trade:₹1.41Trade time:3:26PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.12 (-7.84%)
VINDHYATCompany ID [BOM:517015]Last trade:₹583.50Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼33.10 (-5.37%)
XLTELENECompany ID [BOM:532788]Last trade:₹2.60Trade time:3:30PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.10 (-3.70%)
Policy & RegulationRSS Feeds
The Indian government has completed the roll-out of telecom network in left-wing extremism (LWE) affected areas across ten states.
TheIndiangovernment has completed the roll-out of telecom network in left-wing extremism (LWE) affected areas across ten states. This is part of the government’s initiative, Pragati Programme, to boost development in these areas.
The project was undertaken by state-run operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) along with telecom tower company Vihaan Networks Limited (VNL). As part of the project, VNL set up solar-powered telecom towers in the region using indigenously designed and manufactured technology in less than 18 months. The company will also operate and manage the assets for a period of five years.
The project is expected to impact 18 million people in 22,688 villages across 10 states.
Speaking on the occasion, Anupam Shrivastava, chairman and managing director, BSNLsaid, “India has the second largest mobile subscriber base in the world. The government has fast-tracked reforms in the telecom sector and we continue to be proactive in resonating to the union government’s vision of ‘Make in India and Digital India.”Rajiv Mehrotra, Founder and Chairman, VNLadded, “We are proud to be contributing to the national cause through indigenously developed technology and products that are Made in India. Keeping in mind the difficult terrain, absence of roads, electricity and other infrastructure, we have deployed solar technology to power all equipment on the towers, making this the largest green mobile network in the world.”
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has decided to review interconnection usage charges (IUC) after receiving a request to review them from operators.
- Telecom operators owe Rs 220 billion towards AGR, government tells SC
- Seven operators qualify to bid in the upcoming spectrum auction
- TRAI extends deadline for submission of comments on consultation on IUC
- No bids for government-funded project for rolling out mobile services in Northeast
- Cabinet approves Rs 12.5 billion as subsidy support to BSNL for operating rural landline connections
- Handset manufactures call for continuation of differential duty structure under GST
- Interview with Ram Sewak Sharma, Chairman, TRAI
- Union Cabinet to consider deployment of submarine cable network in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- TRAI seeks details of congestion levels at PoIs from telecom operators
- COAI seeks extension of deadline for submission of comments on TRAI’s paper on IUC
- Operators submit Rs 148.63 billion as EMD for upcoming auction; RJIL deposits the highest
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India to initiate consultation on M2M/IoT framework
- RJIL accuses incumbent operators of violating MNP norms
- Seven telecom operators to participate in the upcoming spectrum auction
- TRAI orders operators to submit call details to examine traffic patterns
- Telecom operators oppose TRAI’s plan of setting up of an ombudsman
- Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular apply for upcoming spectrum auction
- Fillip to Broadband: TRAI issues consultation paper on public Wi-Fi networks
- Idea Cellular to provide more interconnection points to RJIL
- TRAI to take action against telecom operators on network congestion rule breach
- Spectrum auctions will help in reducing call drops says Ministry of Communications
- TRAI rejects incumbent telecom operators’ plea for charging higher fee from RJIL
- Airtel to give more interconnection points to Reliance Jio
- Uttar Pradesh becomes the first state to roll out 'Twitter Seva' Project in the country
- Citizens file petition against raising radiation levels at cell sites
- Most Viewed
- Most Rated
- Most Shared
- News:Idea Cellular to provide more interconne...
- News:Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea C...
- News:RJIL accuses incumbent operators of viol...
- News:Operators submit Rs 148.63 billion as EM...
- Face to Face:Interview with Ram Sewak Sharma, Chairma...
- Trends and Developments:Fillip to Broadband: TRAI issues consult...
- News:Cabinet approves Rs 12.5 billion as subs...
- News:Seven telecom operators to participate i...
- News:Telecom operators oppose TRAI’s plan o...
- News:Union Cabinet to consider deployment of ...
- News:DoT may allow spectrum sharing among 3G ...
- Trends and Developments:Net Neutrality: The debate rages on the ...
- News:DoT issues guidelines for ISPs proposing...
- News:Government amends the licence conditions...
- News:DoT has embarked on a Rs 80 billion plan...
- News:tele.net to host a conference on "Energy...
- News:TRAI releases recommendations on ‘Valu...
- News:Data services are likely to continue on ...
- News:TRAI recommends setting-up of new gatewa...
- News:Spectrum refarming will adversely impact...