CompanyCMP+ / -
HCL INFORs.41.500.00 (0.00%)
SHYAM TELRs.31.05▼0.40 (-1.27%)
SPICE MOBILERs.13.400.00 (0.00%)
TATA COMMRs.411.00▼1.85 (-0.45%)
AISHWARYACompany ID [BOM:532975]Last trade:Rs.3.35Trade time:3:15PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
AIRTELCompany ID [BOM:532454]Last trade:Rs.363.65Trade time:3:29PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.15 (-0.04%)
DHANUSCompany ID [BOM:532903]Last trade:Rs.0.09Trade time:3:29PM GMT+5:30Value change:▲0.01 (12.50%)
FINCABLESCompany ID [BOM:500144]Last trade:Rs.283.95Trade time:3:50PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
GTLCompany ID [BOM:500160]Last trade:Rs.12.20Trade time:3:53PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
GTLINFRACompany ID [BOM:532775]Last trade:Rs.2.16Trade time:3:29PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
HCLTECHCompany ID [BOM:532281]Last trade:Rs.750.45Trade time:3:59PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
HCL INFOCompany ID [BOM:500179]Last trade:Rs.41.50Trade time:3:46PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
HFCLCompany ID [BOM:500183]Last trade:Rs.18.35Trade time:3:49PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
IDEACompany ID [BOM:532822]Last trade:Rs.118.30Trade time:3:53PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
ITICompany ID [BOM:523610]Last trade:Rs.25.45Trade time:3:45PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
KAVERITELCompany ID [BOM:590041]Last trade:Rs.17.40Trade time:2:07PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
MTNLCompany ID [NSE:MTNL]Last trade:Rs.18.20Trade time:3:29PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.10 (-0.55%)
ONMOBILECompany ID [BOM:532944]Last trade:Rs.116.10Trade time:3:44PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
RCOMCompany ID [BOM:532712]Last trade:Rs.56.25Trade time:3:57PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
SHYAM TELCompany ID [BOM:517411]Last trade:Rs.31.05Trade time:3:26PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.40 (-1.27%)
SPANCOCompany ID [BOM:508976]Last trade:Rs.3.12Trade time:2:28PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
SPICE MOBILECompany ID [BOM:517214]Last trade:Rs.13.40Trade time:12:19PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
TANLACompany ID [BOM:532790]Last trade:Rs.37.70Trade time:3:52PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
TATA COMMCompany ID [BOM:500483]Last trade:Rs.411.00Trade time:3:29PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼1.85 (-0.45%)
TTMLCompany ID [BOM:532371]Last trade:Rs.6.83Trade time:3:54PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
TULIPCompany ID [BOM:532691]Last trade:Rs.1.41Trade time:3:26PM GMT+5:30Value change:▼0.12 (-7.84%)
VINDHYATCompany ID [BOM:517015]Last trade:Rs.699.75Trade time:3:27PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
XLTELENECompany ID [BOM:532788]Last trade:Rs.2.81Trade time:2:15PM GMT+5:30Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
CMP = Current Market Price
Trends and DevelopmentsRSS Feed
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has played a significant role in shaping the Indian telecom sector. Effective functioning of the authority has created a supportive regulatory environment in the sector.
The unprecedented growth of India’s telecom sector has been due to the presence of a robust tower and fibre infrastructure. However, infrastructure providers often face operational challenges during tower installations and fibre roll-outs.
Quality of service (QoS) requirements have been in the spotlight in the Indian telecom industry for some time now, even as the government continues putting pressure on operators to reduce call drops.
In a milestone move that will put the net neutrality debate to rest in the country, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has issued the Prohibition of Discriminatory Tariffs for Data Services Regulations, 2016.
As India’s telecom industry develops, the metro category circles have remained the prime focus of service providers.
The year 2015 was a defining one for Indian telecom as the industry entered a new phase of growth led by data services.
- Future Growth Area: Operators explore opportunities in the eastern region
- Telecom Subscriber Base: Mobile, fixed line and internet segments
- Shift in Focus: Move towards increasing tower tenancies
- Broadband Future: Policy initiatives and 4G uptake to fuel growth
- 3G Progress: Ecosystem development gains momentum
- Making Headway: Regulatory and policy initiatives in 2012
- Picking up the Pieces: New players struggle to survive in an uncertain environment
- The Going Gets Tough: New lows for telecom operators
- A Difficult Year:Key developments across telecom segments in 2012
- Performance Review:TRAI report on quarterly telecom trends
- One Nation, One Licence: TRAI recommendations on a unified licensing regime
- Cautious Approach: Guidelines announced for next round of 2G spectrum auction
- Policy Moves: Highlights of NTP, 2012
- Policy Moves: Highlights of NTP, 2012
- Fibre Focus: Industry prepares for FTTx roll-out
- Network Design: Key considerations for FTTx deployment
- Deployment Difficulty: Issues and challenges in FTTH coverage
- Seamless Services: FTTH to cater to bandwidth-intensive applications
- Global Growth: Increasing FTTx deployments across the world
- Western Promise: Operators upbeat about growth in Maharashtra and Gujarat
- Slow Start: 4G ecosystem yet to evolve
- A Damp Squib : 2G spectrum auction fallout
- An Emerging Market : Key trends in the data centre space
- Better Management : Data centre issues and solutions
- Disaster Recovery: Crucial for ensuring continuity of operations
- Most Viewed
- Most Rated
- Most Shared
- Deployment Difficulty: Issues and challe...
- Shift in Focus: Move towards increasing ...
- Cautious Approach: Guidelines announced ...
- Fibre Focus: Industry prepares for FTTx ...
- A Positive Future: Trends in the global ...
- A Difficult Year:Key developments across...
- One Nation, One Licence: TRAI recommenda...
- Network Design: Key considerations for F...
- Revamp, Reshuffle, Restructure: Industry...
- Broadband Future: Policy initiatives and...
- Green Mandate: Government and industry e...
- Don’t miss your final opportunity to a...
- Net Neutrality: The debate rages on the ...
- Under Threat: 4G launch could make netwo...
- Manufacturing Hub: India emerges as a ke...
- High Speed, Low Price - BSNL/MTNL flag...
- FDI Hiked - With some riders
- N. Balaganesh, telecom analyst, Frost & ...
- K.A. Chaukar, managing director, Tata In...
- Alan Hellawell, head of Asian telecommun...